- Marcus has a great working relationship with the other officers in the Minneapolis Police Department, where the respect him for being one of the best detectives on the force. This is especially true with his partner, Det. Carlton Powell.
- As a police officer, Marcus is sworn to uphold the law.
- In spite of his parodoxical appearance, Marcus has deep respect for what Fantastic Man
did. Thus making himself a part of the Fantastic Man legacy.
- When in costume, Marcus creates a laid-back persona for himself (channeling such characters as Jeff Bridges in "The Big Lebowski" and Matthew McConaughey in "Dazed and Confused"). He uses this persona to help hide his true identity as a straight-laced detective from those around him and to put people at ease when being questioned, avoiding the stigma that the badge brings to such situations (he's not the Good Cop, he's the Fantastic Dude).
- While the identity of Fantastic Dude was intended to be more laid back, Marcus has been finding himself being more aggressive and, in some ways, vicious (like when he faced off against the Hilton Brothers
); partially due to not being held to the expectations that are placed on a police officer. This worries him, and causes him to want to fight the urge in the future.
© Copyright 2003, 2023 - Jason D.C. Hobbs, James E. Caswell